Draw near...

One thing that I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple.
-Psalm 27:4

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hello beautiful women,

Just wanted to open up a place where we can share what we are learning throughout the week with our bible study. We can use this as a place to exchange thoughts, ask questions and bounce ideas off of each other for what God is revealing to us throughout the study. We can encourage and pray for each other here as well.

I am very much looking forward to doing this study with you girls and I pray that we will have open hearts and minds as we study what it looks like to be beautiful women of God. Go ahead and post thoughts about week one. Can't wait to see where God is leading us through this study of Proverbs.

Love you both,
B :)

1 comment:

  1. As far as I know- if you want it to be like the C-group one we have to make an account in a different name and we'll all have the password. Otherwise we can just post in comments like this. Thanks for setting this up B! I'll post more when I'm not waiting for the maintenance man to come and fix my non-draining sink but from my memory this is what I've learned. And I feel like if it's in my memory it's probably what I needed to learn :-)
    From this past week out of the 5 women that we learned about the immoral and irritating women stuck out to me the most. When I was in IA with Jack and Jim Jack and I stopped at Goodwill to do some shopping and I picked out a couple books I thought the guys would enjoy. Generally, before I put books out for them I try to read them to make sure they're 'Rawhide-appropriate.' So I started with a book called 'Smashed, a story of drunken girlhood.' Starting to read the book I knew it wasn't going to be one the guys could read and I was going to stop but I felt an inclination to finish it (though I wasn't sure why). While reading this book I saw glimpses of myself- like how I feel about myself, instances that this girl turned to drinking for validation and stuff like that and this scared me a bit! Also, it talks about the girl going to college and experiencing that whole scene and I couldn't relate most of my experiences (aside from the few parties I went to) but I could recognize how it was at ISU as well. So- to connect the two: In reading the Smashed book I saw some reflections of myself, and then learning about the two women I see those women in the bars all the time! The women that lead men down a bad path because they aren't seeking the Kingdom or any sort of future. THEN I realized that I chose to become a combination of those women because it's the societal expectation but also because I've been seeking that validation from society, alcohol and guys even if it was just for an evening. And thinking back, all of those times that I went to bars/parties it NEVER ended in good decisions. Most of my regrets and hurts and things I don't want to tell my husband happened because I was choosing to be like those women.
    Now that I'm aware of this I've realized that when I'm not seeking validation from God I've been talking to Josh Garcia and wanting to go out with him (fortunately God has shut all of those doors of opportunity or strongly whispered in my ear how bad of an idea it was) or just wanting to go out drinking with Valerie (also closed doors). I don't think that God is requiring me to stop drinking all together but he's making me check my motives and my heart about it all. Obviously I don't want to be either of those women, so why would I choose to act like them for a night?

    Sorry that turned out to be so long.....

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete