Wow Steph! Thanks for being so vulnerable and honest. I
think that is key if we're really going to dig deep here. I felt somewhat of a
similar thing. When I was reading about the immoral and indiscreet women, I was
very much reminded of my old self (which I occasionally fall back into from
time to time now even). But just in terms of what my purpose behind doing
things was/is and whatnot. A lot of times I am finding myself having motives
which don't involve giving glory to God, which is frustrating and convicting at
the same time.
It is funny because it is a HUGE desire of mine to please
God and give glory to him and love him and honor him and be obedient to him,
and more......so then why is it not as simple as just doing that? Dumb.
This week I really had to remind myself to be thankful for
things in hopes that that will turn into freedom. I've been learning a lot in
the past year about intentionality and what that means within relationships.
I've definitely grown in this area as a woman and strive for that quality
daily. A big thing I prayed about during this study was just wisdom. Asking God
to reveal what he needed to so that I could love him better.
Wasn't it crazy to see and read about the literal
differences between physical and biblical beauty? Nuts! And my mind was blown
when I was reminded that Jesus was no-looker. One part of me was wondering why
do we even try to look good or decent for our days? The other part of me
remembered what I'd heard once in another sermon about beautiful women and how
we do need to dress like women and try...confusion there, but we can discuss.
What are your thoughts on this? What are your motives in getting ready in the
morning? Weird to think about, huh!
I was a little confused on Day 3, I want to learn more about
the captivating woman and didn't necessarily get anything from the scripture
used there. Help?
One thing I did while going through a few of the days was
just write down on the side columns words that stood out to me that described
God like Author or Husband. Reflecting back on those words is helpful in
remembering who I am in Christ.
I am the bride of Christ.
I am His beautiful, beloved child.
I am His precious daughter.
I am worthy of His LOVE...
(I could go on) But it is helpful for me to remember these
things daily and to affirm in God's name who I AM! ...try it!
*PLUS: why do we try to be something we are not…something we
were not created to be in fact!?
I have more but I need to go get ready for work. Love you
both and hope your weeks are off to a great start. Prayer requests?
B :)
Hello Ladies :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear your comments on the study so far. God is teaching us so much already..it's so exciting! Thank you both for being honest with me about what God's putting on your heart during the study.
Like it said on day two from 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives."
I have such a great appreciation for that verse because of what I grew up seeing the lives of people around me who were believers. Many of them would go to church and confess their belief publicly but that's where God ended in their lives. His word and truth wasn't portrayed in their every day interactions. Which is why I'm so excited about this!
This first week God has put a lot on my heart. He's teaching me about behaviors I display that I may never realize I'm doing until I reflect. Something that's so important to think about as I was reflecting and praying is that it's so easy to judge the women portrayed when you think of the descriptors immoral, indiscreet, and irritating. It's easy for me to say I don't behave that way, when in reality I have many similar traits from all of these women. I would definitely fall the most in the category of the irritating woman. I often complain and become irritating to the people who are closest to me.
It's fulfilling to think of the woman God is teaching me to be through scripture. I couldn't help but smile when I was reading Proverbs 31:10-31. It's so wild to try to grasp how much God loves us even when we don't think we deserve his love.
B-I just love that you wrote those reminders on the side. That's something I can struggle with sometimes when I get sucked toward my worldly desires and worries.
I'm a bit lost with the captivating woman as well...there wasn't much to go off of.
Girls, this study is exactly what I need. Thank you so much for making efforts to get it going Steph, and for getting the blog up B! You ladies are amazing and such beautiful women. You're constantly teaching me what it means to follow Christ in all areas of your life. You two have redefined the meaning of friendship for me this last year. I'm so thankful for you both.
Prayer request: Wisdom to be conscious of and admit my mistakes and areas of my life that need to be changed so that they would be glorifying to God.
Proverbs 31:10
When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions.
This is a song B gave me on one of the cd's she burned for me last year. I like to listen to it when I'm feeling like I'm not living up to the standards God has set for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmPT8Z0QiJk
Love you girls,
Brittney